Just a couple weeks back the highly anticipated KBIS (The Kitchen and Bathroom Industry Show) took place in Las Vegas, NV. As North America’s largest trade show in kitchen and bathroom design, this year was no exception. With over 31,000 attendees and 600 exhibitors, this one-stop shop event had something for everyone.
Knowledgable Designers know that kitchens and bathrooms are the most used and hard-working rooms in a home. This multi-day event highlighted some interesting trends and cutting-edge products. We’ve compiled a small list from our extensive research, of some of the most talked-about products and design ideas.
- Voice-Activated Kitchen Faucets: The smart-world we live in just continues to grow and expand. Voice-activated products are on the rise, and the one that was most profiled were kitchen faucets. Using voice-commands to turn on, change temperature and volume, the ease of use is astounding.
- Textures Galore: Using texture varieties to create customized pieces that are unique and beautiful, this design has taken on a new life. Mother-of-Pearl, concrete and differing woods all made an appearance.
- Black Takes the Lead: Black was everywhere this year! This bold statement color really stands out in the kitchen or bathroom. With differing shades and surfaces, the beauty of black was showcased throughout the event. Moving ahead of just appliances, surfaces and bathroom cabinets stunned.
- Freestanding Tubs: Stylish yet comfortable, freestanding tubs continue to grow in their popularity and many new designs were showcased at the event. With clean lines and added back support, freestanding tubs are becoming an essential element for high-end bathrooms.
- Mixing Metals: This new design idea takes different kinds of metals and pairs them together for a glamorous and stylish design. Mixing glossy, matte, burnished and polished finishes creates a contrast that stands out from the crowd.
We are looking forward to working with these new trends and ideas and seeing how well they integrate into your renovation plans!
Give us a call for a FREE quote and/or CONSULTATION so we can discuss what would work in your home or business.