Although 2020 hasn’t been kind to many, we want to show our appreciation for you all.
Book any NEW job over $750 with us during this Holiday season and you’ll receive $250 off!
This special is open to both our past, current & future customers.
Request a quote TODAY and lets get your new project started!
These last four months have been nothing short of madness for us all. We’ve seen businesses temporarily closed and others that have had to shut their doors permanently. It has definitely been a roller-coaster of emotions with many drastic changes.
We have tried our best to continue our high standards of work and to follow all safety precautions that have been set. Our team has taken the time to stay informed with our regulations, and for that we are thankful.
We know these times are difficult and our norm will likely never be the same. We still hope to be your go-to for any personal or business related contracting work and continue to add new customers to our portfolio.
During the Pandemic:
- Screened porch requests have been on the rise and we have enjoyed renovating & building these extra living-spaces; creating another room to spend quality time in while also adding equity to your home.
- We have maintained our relationship with our Multi-Family Communities and hope to keep our quality of work as great as possible. Apartment repositions and general service requests/maintenance work are always a high priority.
- Our new Sanitation System has got off to a great start and we are thankful we can bring this service to our customers at this time.
- Our workload continues to stay steady with renovations and new additions. We look forward to our business growing as the country opens back up.
Looking to the Future:
- We have an updated website coming very soon which we are quite excited about. Easier to navigate and with extra information, the website should be a great new asset to our continued growth.
- We are finishing up some larger renovation projects that have taken a longer period of time to complete. We can’t wait to showcase the before & after photos that are always impressive.
All in all this pandemic has taken its toll on everyone; and we are no exception. But with the strength and determination we all carry within us, we know that we will all come through this with a new perspective and a greater appreciation.
Contact us anytime: 919-908-7341
P&R Property Group
We know this last month has been very tough on most of us. Crazy new schedules that are mostly being conducted from home and learning to live with what is our new norm right now; it can drive even the calmest of us a little crazy.
There are things to look forward to though and we want to help keep your spirits high during this difficult time.
Remember, this won’t last forever.
Try to keep positive and look to the future, imagining all the fun things you can do soon. Sit down and talk with your loved-ones about any future ideas or plans. Create a list of things that each of you would like to achieve, a “After Pandemic Bucket List“ of sorts!
- Plan a vacation for the upcoming year. Get everyones opinions and come to a conclusion that makes the whole family happy.
- Talk about future goals that you’d all like to achieve. Maybe take up a new hobby or an outdoor activity you’ve never tried once the stay-at-home order has been lifted.
- Plan some updates or renovations for your home or yard. Think about what you’d really enjoy having added to your life right at this moment, which would help ease the circumstances we are in now.
- Research a new look. Once the salons are back open, a new cut or color can be an exciting and fun experience to look forward to.
We also want to take this time to keep our customers (past, present & future) aware that we are always here and there are many ways we can still be useful to your home or business needs.
We’ve seen a surge in requests for certain amenities and add-ons, all while keeping social-distancing and health & safety at the forefront of our minds.
Some Things to Consider:
- Summer is well on its way! Having your HVAC system checked and tuned-up before the hottest days of the year are here is a great idea.
- Windows, roofing and siding can all be done with minimal invasion to the interior of your home.
- Screen-in those porches. Creating a safe, secluded and bug-free area on your deck can completely change the space. It’s like adding a whole new living-area to your home. We can add a roof and screens and even custom pieces if wanted.
We are a full-service general contractor and can do just about anything! These strange and uncertain times encourage us to help you even more! We offer competitive prices and will strive to give you a great deal, follow all safety protocols and the do best job we can.
We also have our special running right now to help with the above costs (or any others):
- A coupon for $250.00 off any work over $1,000.00 for new customers.
- A coupon for $150.00 off any new work over $1,000.00 for returning/existing customers.
We hope this temporary time can be spent with your family, making plans and making memories along the way!
Call (919-908-7341) or Message Us, any time.
Thinking about what paint type, color and quality you want for your renovation or new build can be quite overwhelming.
Likely the easiest of the three is choosing a fantastic color. So what happens after that decision is made? With plenty of choices to choose from, you’ll want to know the differences of each and how they might work for your space.
- Matte Paint – The most common of interior paint. With no shine or sheen, matte paint is ideal for ceilings and walls. It can take more than one coat to get the color solid and can be applied with a roller or brush. The main con of matte paint is its ability to mark easily; cleaning and touch-ups will be a regular occurrence.
- Matte Enamel – Much the same as matte paint, matte enamel can be applied in the same way and has similar uses. The main difference is that matte enamel tends to be far more durable, making it an excellent choice for kitchens. Less touch-ups makes this paint ideal for homes with kids or pets.
- Satin – A great choice for walls that will need to be cleaned more often, satin paint has a soft sheen and smoothness with a finish somewhere between matte and gloss. Not ideal for walls with imperfections due to its tendency to show imperfections.
- Eggshell – With an extremely subtle shine but without the smoothness that comes from satin, eggshell paint hides those imperfections we don’t want seen. Often it can be applied with just one coat and is the perfect choice for most interior walls.
- Semi-Gloss – Most often used on trim, semi-gloss is a popular interior paint. It is easy to clean and offers a hard finish suitable for heavily used areas. Being a shiny paint, semi-gloss will show more imperfections and will take longer to dry.
- Gloss – A high shine paint that is one of the most commonly used interior paints besides matte, gloss can be used on most any walls. As with semi-gloss, gloss paint takes the longest to dry and shows all the imperfections on a wall.
The quality of the paint you choose can also make a huge difference in its use:
The main components of paint are Pigments, Resins, Solvents and Additives. These ingredients give paint it’s color, binding agent, carrier and added “extras”.
Higher-Quality paint will last longer and cover better. It has more total solids (pigments and resins) and fewer solvents than lower-quality paint. A higher-quality paint will leave a thicker, tougher film after the solvents have evaporated. Resins (binders) are plastic-like ingredients in paint that bind together to create a film. Higher-quality binders last longer & resist peeling, wear and blistering.
Lower-Quality paint has less solids and more solvents. Opposite of the higher-quality, once the solvents evaporate, the thinner paint film left behind doesn’t cover as well and is far less durable. Money and time will be spent repainting to achieve the look and performance of a higher-quality paint.
Finding the perfect distributor:
We have been working with Spectrum Paint on many of our renovation and construction projects. From excellent customer care to highly reasonable prices, Spectrum have been a huge help with all of our paint and coating needs.
“Spectrum is proud to be one of the largest distributors of paint for PPG Pittsburgh Paints and Benjamin Moore Paints in the nation. These companies are among the oldest, most respected names in the business and are leaders in today’s paint technology. Spectrum also distributes lacquers, stains and specialty coatings from other manufacturers in order to provide our customers a broad and complete offering of paint and related products.”
We highly recommend Spectrum Paint for their knowledge and expertise of all things paint!
Give us a call or message if you’d like to freshen up your space today.
As this year comes to an end, we wanted to take a look back at some of our favorite projects and on-going work through 2019. It’s been an amazing year with many memorable times had. With the new decade approaching, we are taking this opportunity to reminisce while looking forward to what 2020 will bring us!
The Lofts at Sterling Mill certainly won many of our hearts over the year. With its Historical beauty and amazing transformation, we really enjoyed being a part of and watching this building come back to life.
As well as taking on these larger projects, we also thoroughly enjoyed the smaller residential work we completed. From master bathroom remodels, to getting homes market-ready, each job has been unique and fulfilling.
Our continuing work with our Multi-Family communities keeps us busy and determined to be the best. Completing Pet Grooming Spas, Interior Repositions, Service Work and much more, is always one of our favorite jobs. We thank The Camden Communities and The Greystar Communities for their trust and faith in us. Expanding our local work into Charlotte, NC with Camden’s South End and Greystar’s Matthews Reserve and Crosstown in Chapel Hill.
We have much hope and excitement for what 2020 will bring. A new decade that will open doors for our continued growth and to provide excellent service and quality work to our present and future customers.
Happy New Year!
It’s that time of the year when weather can be unpredictable and rough. The hustle and bustle of life can make it difficult to to prepare your home for the likely freezing temps. Our simple to-do list will take the guess work out of it for you.
Keep your home happy and healthy this winter season!
- Have your fireplace and furnace inspected and/or cleaned.
- Check for any window or door gaps that can cause heat to escape, drafts and higher utility bills.
- Prepare for snow or ice storms by having a shovel on hand and emergency provisions in case of power-loss (SEE PHOTO BELOW).
- Check and clean your gutters and down spurts of any debris.
- Have your roof inspected for lose tiles or any other damage that can be made worse by heavy snow.
- Disconnect outside hoses and turn-off the water to outside pipes.
- During frigid temps, set your faucet to drip and open your cabinet doors to prevent freezing pipes.
Most of these simple yet effective tasks can be carried out by the homeowner themselves, but sometimes having a professional come in and tackle everything in one day can save you time and money in the long run.
We can efficiently inspect everything thoroughly and make any fixes and changes that are needed in a timely manner.
Contact us any time!