Although 2020 hasn’t been kind to many, we want to show our appreciation for you all.
Book any NEW job over $750 with us during this Holiday season and you’ll receive $250 off!
This special is open to both our past, current & future customers.
Request a quote TODAY and lets get your new project started!
We know this last month has been very tough on most of us. Crazy new schedules that are mostly being conducted from home and learning to live with what is our new norm right now; it can drive even the calmest of us a little crazy.
There are things to look forward to though and we want to help keep your spirits high during this difficult time.
Remember, this won’t last forever.
Try to keep positive and look to the future, imagining all the fun things you can do soon. Sit down and talk with your loved-ones about any future ideas or plans. Create a list of things that each of you would like to achieve, a “After Pandemic Bucket List“ of sorts!
- Plan a vacation for the upcoming year. Get everyones opinions and come to a conclusion that makes the whole family happy.
- Talk about future goals that you’d all like to achieve. Maybe take up a new hobby or an outdoor activity you’ve never tried once the stay-at-home order has been lifted.
- Plan some updates or renovations for your home or yard. Think about what you’d really enjoy having added to your life right at this moment, which would help ease the circumstances we are in now.
- Research a new look. Once the salons are back open, a new cut or color can be an exciting and fun experience to look forward to.
We also want to take this time to keep our customers (past, present & future) aware that we are always here and there are many ways we can still be useful to your home or business needs.
We’ve seen a surge in requests for certain amenities and add-ons, all while keeping social-distancing and health & safety at the forefront of our minds.
Some Things to Consider:
- Summer is well on its way! Having your HVAC system checked and tuned-up before the hottest days of the year are here is a great idea.
- Windows, roofing and siding can all be done with minimal invasion to the interior of your home.
- Screen-in those porches. Creating a safe, secluded and bug-free area on your deck can completely change the space. It’s like adding a whole new living-area to your home. We can add a roof and screens and even custom pieces if wanted.
We are a full-service general contractor and can do just about anything! These strange and uncertain times encourage us to help you even more! We offer competitive prices and will strive to give you a great deal, follow all safety protocols and the do best job we can.
We also have our special running right now to help with the above costs (or any others):
- A coupon for $250.00 off any work over $1,000.00 for new customers.
- A coupon for $150.00 off any new work over $1,000.00 for returning/existing customers.
We hope this temporary time can be spent with your family, making plans and making memories along the way!
Call (919-908-7341) or Message Us, any time.
Thinking about what paint type, color and quality you want for your renovation or new build can be quite overwhelming.
Likely the easiest of the three is choosing a fantastic color. So what happens after that decision is made? With plenty of choices to choose from, you’ll want to know the differences of each and how they might work for your space.
- Matte Paint – The most common of interior paint. With no shine or sheen, matte paint is ideal for ceilings and walls. It can take more than one coat to get the color solid and can be applied with a roller or brush. The main con of matte paint is its ability to mark easily; cleaning and touch-ups will be a regular occurrence.
- Matte Enamel – Much the same as matte paint, matte enamel can be applied in the same way and has similar uses. The main difference is that matte enamel tends to be far more durable, making it an excellent choice for kitchens. Less touch-ups makes this paint ideal for homes with kids or pets.
- Satin – A great choice for walls that will need to be cleaned more often, satin paint has a soft sheen and smoothness with a finish somewhere between matte and gloss. Not ideal for walls with imperfections due to its tendency to show imperfections.
- Eggshell – With an extremely subtle shine but without the smoothness that comes from satin, eggshell paint hides those imperfections we don’t want seen. Often it can be applied with just one coat and is the perfect choice for most interior walls.
- Semi-Gloss – Most often used on trim, semi-gloss is a popular interior paint. It is easy to clean and offers a hard finish suitable for heavily used areas. Being a shiny paint, semi-gloss will show more imperfections and will take longer to dry.
- Gloss – A high shine paint that is one of the most commonly used interior paints besides matte, gloss can be used on most any walls. As with semi-gloss, gloss paint takes the longest to dry and shows all the imperfections on a wall.
The quality of the paint you choose can also make a huge difference in its use:
The main components of paint are Pigments, Resins, Solvents and Additives. These ingredients give paint it’s color, binding agent, carrier and added “extras”.
Higher-Quality paint will last longer and cover better. It has more total solids (pigments and resins) and fewer solvents than lower-quality paint. A higher-quality paint will leave a thicker, tougher film after the solvents have evaporated. Resins (binders) are plastic-like ingredients in paint that bind together to create a film. Higher-quality binders last longer & resist peeling, wear and blistering.
Lower-Quality paint has less solids and more solvents. Opposite of the higher-quality, once the solvents evaporate, the thinner paint film left behind doesn’t cover as well and is far less durable. Money and time will be spent repainting to achieve the look and performance of a higher-quality paint.
Finding the perfect distributor:
We have been working with Spectrum Paint on many of our renovation and construction projects. From excellent customer care to highly reasonable prices, Spectrum have been a huge help with all of our paint and coating needs.
“Spectrum is proud to be one of the largest distributors of paint for PPG Pittsburgh Paints and Benjamin Moore Paints in the nation. These companies are among the oldest, most respected names in the business and are leaders in today’s paint technology. Spectrum also distributes lacquers, stains and specialty coatings from other manufacturers in order to provide our customers a broad and complete offering of paint and related products.”
We highly recommend Spectrum Paint for their knowledge and expertise of all things paint!
Give us a call or message if you’d like to freshen up your space today.
Just a couple weeks back the highly anticipated KBIS (The Kitchen and Bathroom Industry Show) took place in Las Vegas, NV. As North America’s largest trade show in kitchen and bathroom design, this year was no exception. With over 31,000 attendees and 600 exhibitors, this one-stop shop event had something for everyone.
Knowledgable Designers know that kitchens and bathrooms are the most used and hard-working rooms in a home. This multi-day event highlighted some interesting trends and cutting-edge products. We’ve compiled a small list from our extensive research, of some of the most talked-about products and design ideas.
- Voice-Activated Kitchen Faucets: The smart-world we live in just continues to grow and expand. Voice-activated products are on the rise, and the one that was most profiled were kitchen faucets. Using voice-commands to turn on, change temperature and volume, the ease of use is astounding.
- Textures Galore: Using texture varieties to create customized pieces that are unique and beautiful, this design has taken on a new life. Mother-of-Pearl, concrete and differing woods all made an appearance.
- Black Takes the Lead: Black was everywhere this year! This bold statement color really stands out in the kitchen or bathroom. With differing shades and surfaces, the beauty of black was showcased throughout the event. Moving ahead of just appliances, surfaces and bathroom cabinets stunned.
- Freestanding Tubs: Stylish yet comfortable, freestanding tubs continue to grow in their popularity and many new designs were showcased at the event. With clean lines and added back support, freestanding tubs are becoming an essential element for high-end bathrooms.
- Mixing Metals: This new design idea takes different kinds of metals and pairs them together for a glamorous and stylish design. Mixing glossy, matte, burnished and polished finishes creates a contrast that stands out from the crowd.
We are looking forward to working with these new trends and ideas and seeing how well they integrate into your renovation plans!
Give us a call for a FREE quote and/or CONSULTATION so we can discuss what would work in your home or business.
As February creeps up on us, what better time to take a look at some of the expected trends to take place this year.
Some renovation trends will always be in-style, but below are a few we think will be on the uprise in 2020.
Trends for the Year:
Health & Wellness: Wellness focused home-improvements are definitely on the rise. Products that focus on overall health will be in high demand this year. From Water and Air Purifiers to Circadian Lighting for improved sleep and plenty of Non-Toxic materials. Keeping our homes as clean and natural as possible is becoming the in-thing for 2020.
Cost-Savings: It is expected that Renovations are on the decline for this year, but that won’t stop money being spent. Cost-saving projects will keep moving forward, such as energy-efficient lighting and appliances, improved Roofing and home insulation.
DIY: 2020 is the year that could see the highest rate of DIY’er’s to date. With access to online forums and video sites (YouTube & Pinterest), homeowners are taking things into their own hands. Technology and research can go a long way to help projects run smoothly and cost-efficient.
Surfaces: One of the largest expenditures in home renovations will always be surfaces of all kinds; Flooring, carpets, tiles and panelling are some of the popular ones. This trend will continue throughout this year.
Climate: With our ever-changing weather and concerns for keeping our homes safe and energy-efficient, new protection against the elements will continue to be a main renovation subject.
Paint: Painting is one of those tedious, yet highly rewarding tasks. Paint companies continue to see strong growth, and a fresh new coat of color can add value and fun to your home. Trending colors are forever changing and with the mixing of styles comes new ideas.
Custom/Luxury Features: There was a time not long ago that custom features were limited and rather expensive. A greater range of products are now widely available and will continue to grow this year. More homes will have the opportunity to be “customized” with products that were once thought to be only for the higher-end homes.
“Smart” Devices: Expect 2020 to be full of everything Smart! Robotic vacuums continue to be on the rise and everything from voice-activated faucets, to home protection systems will be the talk of every home. The Smart world has really taken over.
There is a lot to look forward to this year as far as renovations and home trends go!
The 2020 KBIS (Kitchen and Bath Industry Show) took place in Las Vegas last week and showcased some innovative and high-tech gadgets and designs. With more than 2,000 exhibitors there was plenty to see…..
Check back next week for a more in-depth look into some of the standouts from the show.
From renovations to innovative products, we can help achieve your home or business goals. Contact us today for a FREE personalized consultation!
As this year comes to an end, we wanted to take a look back at some of our favorite projects and on-going work through 2019. It’s been an amazing year with many memorable times had. With the new decade approaching, we are taking this opportunity to reminisce while looking forward to what 2020 will bring us!
The Lofts at Sterling Mill certainly won many of our hearts over the year. With its Historical beauty and amazing transformation, we really enjoyed being a part of and watching this building come back to life.
As well as taking on these larger projects, we also thoroughly enjoyed the smaller residential work we completed. From master bathroom remodels, to getting homes market-ready, each job has been unique and fulfilling.
Our continuing work with our Multi-Family communities keeps us busy and determined to be the best. Completing Pet Grooming Spas, Interior Repositions, Service Work and much more, is always one of our favorite jobs. We thank The Camden Communities and The Greystar Communities for their trust and faith in us. Expanding our local work into Charlotte, NC with Camden’s South End and Greystar’s Matthews Reserve and Crosstown in Chapel Hill.
We have much hope and excitement for what 2020 will bring. A new decade that will open doors for our continued growth and to provide excellent service and quality work to our present and future customers.
Happy New Year!