Dec 9, 2022 | Residential
Are you ready for freezing temperatures and winter storms? Get your house prepared for winter weather! Here are seven steps to ensure a cozy winter in your home!
- HVAC inspection
Keeping your HVAC up to date is vital so it does not fail when it’s freezing outside. Having a seasonal HVAC tune-up will increase the longevity of your HVAC. Changing the filters may seem too easy, but it will allow cleaner air and help the flow of your HVAC.
- Caulk windows and doors
Doing this will prevent cold air from sneaking in or water damage. Keep all the cold sealed out!
- Get your roof inspected
It is easier to fix a few damaged shingles rather than water damage over many spots on your roof. Winter storms can be harsh on your roof, so it is crucial to make sure there are no weak spots. Snow can get very heavy and will take a toll on weak or old roofs.
- Clean gutters
Doing this every season is key to ensuring your gutters and home are not damaged. If there are blockages and leaves stuck in the gutters, then adding snow could rip your gutters off from the weight. Cleared gutters will also help keep excess water from damaging your home.
- Test smoke & carbon monoxide detectors
Your heating systems will constantly be running, so make sure that smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are up to date. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), carbon monoxide poisoning peaks in the winter. Keeping extra batteries on hand for your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors could be a lifesaver.
- Clean chimney & order firewood
If you have a fireplace, cleaning your chimney before winter will prevent chimney fires. Over time the burning of wood builds up creosote, which is very flammable and can cause a chimney fire.
- Shut down pool, sprinkler system & drain outside faucets
When the temperatures reach freezing or below, any water left in outside piping will freeze and can potentially crack the piping. Shutting down the outdoor drainage, sprinklers, and pool and covering spigots with an insulated cover will help prevent you from having to spend a lot more money on repairs or replacing them entirely.
P&R Property Consulting Group is here to help prepare your house for the winter to ensure you and your family stay warm and safe!
CDC Reference: https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/publications/spotlights/cospotlight.htm
Jul 28, 2022 | Residential
Summertime is here, and Fall is around the corner! Are you looking for that perfect backyard project? A new deck, patio, fire pit, or even a screened-in porch? We can help you achieve that dream by creating the perfect back or front yard addition.
In this project, we took an average back deck and turned it into something truly beautiful! This deck was completely remodeled, expanded, and sectioned off, so every area had a designated purpose. On one side of the deck, we added a privacy screen that goes perfectly next to the new hot tub, as well as a new set of stairs to the backyard. We added a 20′ x 20′ screened porch in the middle with doors on both sides for easy access. Let’s not forget the doggy door for this owner’s brand-new puppy! Lastly, on the other side of the screened porch was a space dedicated to grilling and a new repositioned second staircase leading to the backyard. Topping it off with new fixtures and some amazing outdoor furniture, this deck is a dream. If you would like to see some more photos up-close of the deck and inside the house, please check out our social media pages!
We started this project by replacing the roof and updating the gutter system. We then added a brand new covered front porch with two new staircases. One staircase was added to the side of the porch to create an easy entrance from the newly added sidewalk that leads to the driveway. We added exterior grade beadboard as accents on the ceiling, and with some new plants and furniture, this porch is ready to enjoy!
BEFORE FRONT PORCH AFTER FRONT PORCH
BEFORE BACK PORCH AFTER BACK PORCH
For this project we remodeled both the front and back porch of this house. Both porches were demolished and then larger, covered porches were constructed. The back porch was screened in with pet-resistent insect screen that was heavier duty and more ideal for pet owners while the front porch had new sconces and a sliding dog gate installed. A new roof and tankless water heater were also included as part of this project. The front lawn grading was reshaped to channel water across and Bermuda grass sod was installed to help control erosion and keep the grade at the corrected level. Finally, fans were installed to the center of each porch so they are ready to use during any season. For a close look inside each porch check out our social media pages!
We hope our clients can enjoy their new additions and can now spend time outside comfortably. Contact us for any of your home renovations!
Apr 24, 2021 | Residential
Creating a beautiful and functional new space for our clients is our top priority. This kitchen, powder room and flooring renovation was no exception.
We started with the kitchen, including new granite countertops, light fixtures, cabinets and all new Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP) flooring. From there, the powder room received a new vanity with matching granite countertop, modern black sink and the same LVP flooring.
We continued the beautiful LVP flooring throughout the entire main level of the home. This included the dining room, hallway and living room. Giving the home a polished and cohesive look.
A fresh coat of paint, modern new appliances and stunning white tile with accent mosaic above the stove, finished the kitchen off.
The stairway received real red oak wood that was stained to match the LVP, completing the project perfectly.
We hope our clients thoroughly enjoy their new space and make many happy memories!
Mar 20, 2021 | Residential
We are finally seeing some nice weather changes up ahead. Warmer temps bring the blooming of flowers and the urge to refresh our surroundings.
Being proactive now can help save you time and money in the future. Completing a clean-out & organization every 6 months can make all the difference to your wellbeing. Therefore, Spring & Fall are the typical and perfect time to get started.
- Fertilize and seed where needed and think about installing a sprinkler system for easier maintenance.
- Seasonal plants and shrubs should be planted after the last frost of the winter. Although Mother Nature likes to throw curveballs our way, the mid-to-end of March is usually a safe bet.
- Replace or replenish flower beds with mulch or pine straw and prune those bushes ready for their rapid growth.
- Add a fresh “Welcome” sign and some updated LED or SOLAR walkway lights to finish the newly updated look.
Exterior of the Home:
- Powerwash siding & walkways. It will refresh the outside of your home and set it up for welcoming the summer.
- Clean your gutters and down spurts from any lingering Fall leaves and debris.
- Consider having your roof and attic areas inspected for any damage from the harsh winter weather.
- Do a thorough walk-round of the homes exterior to check for any issues that may have been caused during the cold season.
- Inspect your decks and patios for any rotting wood or mold and replace your outside furniture as needed.
Interior of the Home:
- Inspect and change as needed the batteries of smoke & carbon dioxide detectors.
- Change air filters regularly. Spring brings with it pollen and allergens galore!
- Inspect and clean your windows inside and out.
- Clean the dust and accumulation from ceiling fans that will likely have built-up with lack of use.
- Consider adding some fresh coats of paint to certain rooms to lighten them up.
- Clean & organize your pantry and refrigerator.
- Give your garage or outside storage some love with a good clear out.
Our repairs & maintenance team are available to knock-out many of these tasks before they become a bigger problem, preventing stress or worry on your part. Lastly, consider our disinfecting service to get your home sanitized with ease.
Contact us today to see how P&R can help keep your home or business in tip-top shape.
May 19, 2020 | Residential
Remodeling a house from a total disaster to a custom dream-home is a highly rewarding job.
The house on Dixie Trail was no exception!
The home came to us after a few mishaps with previous projects. It was pretty derelict but had so much potential, we could not wait to get our hands on it.
The house has 3 floors that includes a partially finished basement.
The basement also came with some serious foundation issues that we had to address with steel columns designed by an engineer. The foundation wall was then waterproofed to prevent any further leaking and damage.
Basement Before and After: (click on image to enlarge)
Originally there was a wood column in the center of the living room which was supporting the roof load. We had to install a steel beam in the ceiling to support the roof and upper floor in order to remove the wood column. There was a full wall between the living room and kitchen as well as a dividing wall between the kitchen and dining room, both of which we removed. The kitchen area was pretty small so in the redesign process we made sure to expand the space and give it that open floor plan feel.
Kitchen & Living Room:
The downstairs also originally consisted of an office area and had no master suite. We redesigned the office to create a master-on-suite with a stunning walk-in-shower, a new master closet and vanity area. We added a modern barn door to the entrance to the bathroom that really makes a statement.
Master Bed & Bath:
An existing bathroom downstairs was removed and reconfigured into two uses. A new hallway leading to the master suite and a half-bath for the main floor.
Upstairs was a total re-do with some quaint custom touches:
All new vinyl windows were added throughout the home as well as a brand new roof.
The exterior of the home had a front porch built, the brick and front door were painted and we added a retaining wall & parking pad.
The home was listed for sale and went under contract within a few days!
We really enjoyed this project and wish the new homeowners many years of happiness.
CONTACT US at any time for any of your property needs!
Oct 24, 2019 | Residential
Moving a loved-one into your home and becoming their full or part-time caregiver is a huge undertaking. It can lead to some major adjustments for you and your family, which will likely include home renovations or updates.
Making this transition as smooth as possible will lesson the stress and frustrations that could arise during this situation. Independent living products are constantly being designed and built to benefit both seniors and their caregivers. These products allow seniors to handle their daily lives with little to no assistance with optimal safety in mind.
Things to Consider
- Downstairs Bedroom Addition or Renovation: Having a downstairs bedroom is often the most important need for the situation. Stairs are usually one of the hardest thing to manage for the elderly. An office space can easily be converted to a well-equipped bedroom. Having a brand-new addition onto your home may be the only option if room is sparse. Adding bed-rails to the bed will aid in independence at night & morning time.
- Accessibility: A Threshold Ramp is easy and safe to install. They come in many sizes and configurations and are the most cost-effective solution for accessibility. If stairs in the home are unavoidable, a Power Chair-Lift can be installed.
- Bathroom Modifications: Adding Grab-Bars is essential; they provide support and stability when it’s needed for independent & safe bathing/toilet needs. Additional recommendations include Elevated Toilet Seats with arms, non-slip safety mats for floors and tub/shower, bath/shower chairs or benches and hands-free faucet controllers.
- General Remodeling/Equipment: Other things that may be helpful or needed could include a Hospital Grade Bed, door-way widening for wheelchair access, tray tables for eating, dressing aids, Power-Lift Recliner and security cameras for general peace of mind.
Taking this huge step to care for a loved-one is a wonderful, selfless act. Let us help take the burden of renovations & modifications off your hands by being the one trusted source for all your renovation or remodeling needs.
Contact us any time for a FREE consultation and quote to get the process started!